SAIC has a career opening for an SolarWinds / Spectrum Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC once the COVID-19 threat has passed.
This role will be responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining (IOM) the network monitoring software on the physical & virtual Microsoft or Linux based servers in support of the Army National Guard. The ARNG currently utilizes SolarWinds as the device monitoring solution and we are in the early stage of adding Spectrum to the toolset.
- Design monitoring systems and complex software packages for best utilization and effectiveness for monitoring several thousand devices
- Schedule installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT and ARNG policies and procedures to minimize user disruption
- Conduct routine software audits of Microsoft / Linux based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines (DISA STIGs)
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment
- Monitoring Software Support: SAIC will provide end-to-end support for the SolarWinds software used by the ARNG. Support includes but is not limited to three distinct areas:
- On-going maintenance and support of software application, to include supporting standard capabilities and outcomes provided by the software (e.g., reporting)
- For States and Territories that elect to use SolarWinds, support planning, design, configuration, and implementation
- Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents and requests related to this software
- Customizing out-of-box application to meet ARNG specific needs
- The SolarWinds / Spectrum Administrator is responsible for the implementation and sustained support of the IT device monitoring system
- They will provide creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on system capability and process gaps
- The Administrator will provide on-going technical assistance, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, software configuration / customization assistance, and report / dashboard creation and manipulation
- Administer all technical aspects of solution delivery including:
- Application UI Configuration, Workflow Configuration
- Development of required specific reporting
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on customer expectations
- Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
- Providing training and mentoring on system usage to users
- Routine system administration including, manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), and provide users with access/roles within the system
- Fix defects when they arise
- Monitor overall system performance using system performance and diagnostic tools and dashboards
- Answer "how to" technical and application configuration questions of other members of the technical team and process owners
- Assist in troubleshooting patch / release management issues
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 9+ years of related experience; OR Associates degree and 7+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have an Active Secret security clearance or higher
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE (required prior to start date)
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire)
- Experience installing and configuring Linux
- Experience installing and configuring SolarWinds
- Networking background, or solid understanding of networking devices and communication concepts
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience installing and configuring Spectrum
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.