SAIC is seeking a Network/Systems Engineer to perform various IT services including software installation and network configuration for our Tactical Networks (TACNET) Technical and Production Support Team in Norfolk, VA.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with US government civilians, active duty military personnel, and industry partners to provide system configuration, operability, and sustainment services to the warfighter.
- Perform functional tests of network and server systems, software installations, system upgrades, hardware/cable changes, and component configuration in both lab facility and shipboard environments.
- Integrate hosted and connected systems.
- Document all system/drawing discrepancies.
- Provide root cause analysis and propose permanent baseline configuration changes.
- Up to 10 % travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional weekend and off hour support.
- Participate in engineering reviews of technical documents and drawings to enhance the design and integration of planned CANES installations.
- Provide on the job training and familiarization to sailors.
- Generate daily technical status, travel, and after action reports.
- Report and escalate issues, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product team and pre-installation project planning meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and 8 years of related expereince OR Bachelors and 4 years or more experience
- 4 years of hands-on experience with Navy Shipboard Networks
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Current Security +, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date
- Strong technical troubleshooting background
- Experience with CISCO routers and switches OR Windows/Linux server administration
- Effective communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a high-paced, dynamic work environment and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Experience with CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX, ADNS, or SCI Networks is a plus!
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.