Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a senior systems engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and mission partner stakeholders
- Analyzing and executing technical solutions in support of high value asset indications and warning, resiliency, defense, and cyber protection
- Identifying required system analysis for the definition, allocation, assessment, and prediction of system performance requirements and capabilities
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to updating requirement baselines
- Developing project-level schedule content for analysis and assessment
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience with complex space-based defense and cyber protection systems to include indications and warning systems
- Proven experience with large acquisition systems engineering efforts, methods, and processes
- Proven experience in requirements development and definition activities to include stakeholder engagement and customer needs elicitation
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Experience with IC customer’s RFC process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience with indications and warning systems
- Experience with RDNG, DOORs requirements database management/repository
- Experience in Cameo and SysML applications
- Experience with Agile Development, SAFE Agile system development methods
- Innovative, strong work ethic, able to think critically, and able to take initiative and work both independently and within a team
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.