SAIC is seeking an Senior Aircraft Mechanic for an SCA contingent contract located in Virginia Beach, VA. This effort requires personnel to:
- Reclaim E-2/C-2 and F-18 aircraft components in support of the SARDIP (Stricken Aircraft Reclamation and Disposal Program), research, packaging, documentation and movement of these items to applicable Naval Supply activities.
- Assist in disassembly, demilitarization, transportation and disposal of remaining aircraft structures.
- Assist in demilitarization and Safe to Display requirements of aircraft designated for public static display.
- Prepare documentation and arrange supply processing of removals to include flight controls, inner/outer wings, doors, panels, hydraulics, landing gear, ECS, electrical and avionic system components, engines and fuel systems components and windscreen assemblies.
- Identify and request special crates and shipping containers.
- Must be willing to travel to other Naval air stations to perform work.
Education and experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, military/civilian aviation technical school or A&P license.
- Eight (8) years’ experience with military aviation logistics, component identification, NAVAIR technical publications, and Navy supply processing procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word programs.
- Experience in use and processing of DD1149 and DD1348-1A documentation.
- Experience preferred in working on either F-18 or E-2/C-2 platform.
- Ability to lift 50 LBS.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and is required to have current National Agency Check or submit and pass FBI Fingerprint/Background checks to gain required base access identification cards.
- US Citizenship is required to meet the security requirements for this contract.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.