SAIC has an opening for a Principal Software Architect. This is a remote position. The Principal Software Architect will drive software architectures across multiple teams and collaborate with other architects in the organization. They will act as the point of contact to consult on various software development activities as well as mentoring, documenting and collaborating to define standards and best practices. They will be instrumental in designing a secure cloud native microservice platform with multiple user interfaces that will be used across the enterprise. This platform may include a variety of custom developed software, commercial software and other tools.
- Leading the creation of or creates design documents and advises on best practices that ensure consistency in development across the team.
- Serving as a technical resource to software engineering personnel on a wide range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Performing systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- Developing the technical vision and designs specifications of assigned projects and may perform as implementation lead.
- Developing and maintaining detailed system documentation, system requirements, system design documents, architectural road maps, user documentation, metadata, help files, and other technical documentation.
- Mentoring other members of the team.
- Performing analysis of alternatives to solve complex technical problem.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of experience, or Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience, or PhD pr JD and 4+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Architectural leadership experience with microservices and distributed applications.
- Experience architecting and automating cloud native technologies, CI/CD workflows and configuration management platforms.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods.
- Experience in analysis, design, and user interface flows, business process mapping, process improvement mapping, functional implementation and supporting Agile.
- Experience providing technical leadership in a complex enterprise system of systems environment.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience development architectural roadmaps in a SAFe / Agile environment(s).
- Familiarity with Domain Driven design.
- Familiarity with CQRS.
- Familiarity with event driven architecture and messaging like Kafka or Azure Service Bus.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or other containerization.
- Familiarity with MASA.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.