SAIC is looking for a Project Management Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. The Project Management Manager is responsible for managing a team of Infrastructure Project Managers who are responsible for leading projects from conception through to successful delivery in support of our IT contract with the federal Government.
- Leads, mentors, and directly manages a team of Infrastructure Project Managers in delivery processes and best practices; thus, supporting consistent delivery improvement.
- Assures all projects within the program are staffed appropriately for project management.
- Removes roadblocks to success and acts as an escalation point to senior leadership.
- Ability to effectively lead large-scale projects through all phases of the delivery lifecycle.
- Works with direct report project managers to manage their project timelines, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon.
- Direct report project managers will oversee multiple cross-functional project teams of architects, engineers and federal participants; they will facilitate and lead project related meetings and track decisions, issues, risks, and action items generated during the project effort.
- On behalf of the project management team, the Project Management Manager will provide transparent and clear reporting to the federal client, SAIC leadership, and other relevant parties on progress, budget, projections, and results.
- Supports project managers in identifying risk and issues promptly, and in managing them to resolution, elevating those that require leadership attention.
- Evaluates results and performance via project health data, and recommends changes to projects, approaches, processes, and other areas to increase effectiveness.
- Builds and maintains federal client partnerships that drive client satisfaction and retention.
- Consistently manages client expectations, ensures the highest quality service, and solicits feedback and acts on it.
- Coordinates with clients when problems or conflicts occur that may impact timely completion of work.
- Acts as a management escalation point for projects on the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, 5+ years delivering infrastructure projects for IT Operations as a project manager, and at least 8 years directly managing people.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Experience working with an infrastructure engineering team to provide project estimates.
- Understanding of infrastructure operations, on-prem data center and Cloud technologies.
- Experience in Azure Cloud and Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and consensus building skills.
- Passion for helping people: our team, and the client we support
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.