The SAIC's Space Business Unit (Civil Space) is seeking a highly dynamic and experienced executive with keen business acumen to lead the NASA Mission Solutions Directorate.
The Vice President (VP) is responsible for the growth, execution, and talent management for the portfolio. The VP must be able to forecast, monitor, and meet annual business plan financial goals and operational objectives with a focused effort on driving growth that aligns with the broader organization strategic plans. The successful individual must initiate and participate in business strategy development, guide business development and capture activities, maintain financial controls for the organization, and create an environment conducive to staff development and professional growth. The VP is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined SAIC guidelines and policies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, managing and nurturing top-level client and potential client relationships and conducting program-level client assessments
- Leading and managing PMs. Provide oversight to managed programs in portfolio.
- Identifying, planning, executing, and supervising business development strategies and directing multiple simultaneous capture efforts
- Developing and executing annual and quarterly financial plans
- Meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives to drive top-line and bottom-line growth
- Maintaining prescribed financial controls and assuring the integrity of financial matters
- Leading efforts where the scope and complexity of responsibilities require the integration of multiple disciplines and functions
- Coordinating efforts with supporting organizations including contracts, procurement, project control, finance, and human resources
- Regular interaction across all levels of management. Interactions may involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers that result in the best business outcomes
- Creating and maintaining a collaborative environment conducive to the professional growth and development of staff and the free flow of information throughout the entire organization
- Maintaining an enterprise perspective where the best solution for the company may supersede what is desired in the directorate
- 15+ years of relevant experience with 5+ years in an executive leadership role.
- Demonstrated success leading, managing, and overseeing a portfolio of programs
- Demonstrated success identifying, qualifying, and winning small and large captures
- Technical domain experience and deep knowledge of NASA science and engineering programs
- Significant and relevant customer relationships across NASA
- Deep understanding of Federal contracting practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required.
- Public Trust
- Demonstrated success serving as a Program Manager on major programs
- Demonstrated success serving in business development and capture roles
- Working knowledge of functional topics including contracts, finance, and human resources
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.