SAIC and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. SAIC is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to support project management activities across a broad spectrum of Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) projects.
Duties to include:
- Support a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) project in providing project management support to include planning/scheduling, risk management and mitigation processes, stakeholder communications, release management, regular status reporting, documentation, etc.
- Support project and related adherence and compliance with Veteran-focused Integration Process (VIP) processes, procedures, and related artifacts and documentation (for example populate VIP document templates, Critical Decision (CD) PowerPoint’s, VIP and Reporting Dashboards entries and updates).
- Project meeting support: facilitation, agendas, minutes and action items.
- Data calls (receive, analyze, coordinate response).
- Support preparation of briefings and reporting, including coordinating with Office of Information Technology (OIT) and Business stakeholders and preparing briefings to Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD) Portfolio level and senior OIT leadership.
- Manage project’s compliance with governance bodies (example: Authority to Operate (ATO), Section 508) and coordinate with appropriate staff (Information Security Officer (ISO), Privacy Officer (PO), project team, etc.).
- xperience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting a wide variety of IT business systems covering many diverse applications such as healthcare and financial systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in a related field(s).
- Note that 8 years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
- Experience providing program/project management support to a government client.
- Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide oversight and guidance to VIP/project management process compliance specialists on Critical Decision (CD) project management accountability activities and procedures.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust with Veterans Affairs
- Experience supporting the VA
- Prefer someone with 10+ years of relevant project experience
- Experience with IBM Rational Tools Suite
- Familiarity with VA OIT Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) Knowledge of and success performing in a role within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.