SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Manager Business Development (BD) to support Logistics and Supply Chain (L&SC) Business Unit. This is a 100% remote position with regular travel to customer and SAIC sites primarily in the National Capital Region.
- The candidate is responsible for management of a dynamic, multi-billion dollar/multi-year pipeline in various stages of maturity across multiple customers. Key customers include the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal Civilian Markets. Business Development responsibilities with oversee the health of the BD pipeline and include identification, qualification, shaping, and maturation of opportunities (e.g. development of win strategy) aligned with the Logistics and Supply Chain Account Strategy
- The candidate will assist in mentoring a team of BD professionals.
- The candidate will maintain an active, leading role in the management and execution of the BU Account Strategy for achieving multi-year sales growth targets.
- The candidate will build and maintain strong relationships with key customer stakeholders and networking with industry logistics partners.
- The candidate will work collaboratively with internal L&SC BU team(s), and cross-functionally within the Defense and Civilian Sector to expand current contract revenue and qualify new lines of business supporting growth initiatives. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for the business development strategy, planning, and execution for Logistics and Supply Chain opportunities within Defense and Federal Civilian customers.
- The candidate will demonstrate the experience required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a dynamic pipeline with a strong record for year of year sales growth.
- The candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, and their challenges.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customer stakeholders, market analysis, and strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete sales lifecycle that will lead to the financial growth of the L&SC BU.
- Travel required - at least 50% to various CONUS customer and SAIC locations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of Business Development experience supporting Federal market customers, successfully managing a robust BD pipeline, and achieving multi-year sales growth.
- Experience in business development focused on Defense and Federal Civilian agencies; direct experience with DLA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability with establishing and cultivating a robust BD pipeline leading to multi-year growth in sales
- Background in supply chain management and logistics is preferred
- Prior service in a Federal Agency and/or Military veteran is beneficial for this role
- Demonstrated experience maintaining network of customer and industry leads
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.