SAIC is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic I for an SCA contingent contract located in Virginia Beach, VA. This effort requires personnel to:
- Reclaim E-2/C-2 and F-18 aircraft components in support of the SARDIP (Stricken Aircraft Reclamation and Disposal Program), research, packaging, documentation and movement of these items to applicable Naval Supply activities.
- Assist in disassembly, demilitarization, transportation and disposal of remaining aircraft structures.
- Assist in demilitarization and Safe to Display requirements of aircraft designated for public static display.
- Prepare documentation and arrange supply processing of removals to include flight controls, inner/outer wings, doors, panels, hydraulics, landing gear, ECS, electrical and avionic system components, engines and fuel systems components and windscreen assemblies.
- Identify and request special crates and shipping containers.
- Must be willing to travel to other Naval air stations to perform work.
Education and experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, military/civilian aviation technical school or A&P license.
- Three (3+) years’ experience with military aviation logistics, component identification, NAVAIR technical publications, and Navy supply processing procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word programs.
- Experience in use and processing of DD1149 and DD1348-1A documentation.
- Experience preferred in working on either F-18 or E-2/C-2 platform.
- Ability to lift 50 LBS.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and is required to have current National Agency Check or submit and pass FBI Fingerprint/Background checks to gain required base access identification cards.
- US Citizenship is required to meet the security requirements for this contract.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.