The Senior Director of Position to Win (PTW) will manage the day-to-day activities of the PTW team as well as operate as a member of the Strategic Pricing team and be responsible for conducting Price-to-Win and Competitive Analysis on a full range of SAIC capture efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying the approach and price-to-win for competitive proposals and supporting recommendations/influencing results.
- Track resource allocations and ensure proper support for Defense and Civilian Sector's priority bids. Responsible for prioritizing/completing the work within deadlines and meeting internal SAIC customer expectations.
- Perform information analysis around competitor strategies, pricing and awards. Collaborate closely with Capture Teams to ensure PTW deliverables are timely and meaningful; increasing overall Probability of Win.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of public documentation, proposal debriefs, etc., using market research tools to generate meaningful, programmatic analyses to promote effective and strategic bid strategies and pricing solutions. Develop key foundational assumptions for focused PTW exercises & analyses.
- Perform competitive analysis, develop bid and pricing strategies and price recommendations, support subcontract pricing strategy.
- Create cost/price analyses and source justification. Participate in RFP analysis including risk identification, avoidance, and mitigation, working closely with SAIC Business Management.
- Develop Design to Cost models consistent with engineering technical solutions. Analyze cost models and identify opportunities to reduce bid cost without compromising the technical integrity of a proposal.
- Conduct and/or facilitate Black Hat strategy sessions to develop Customer and Competitor intelligence.
- Responsible for building and maintaining bid specific competitive pricing databases.
- Document progress on supported captures, producing periodic reports which help identify risk factors to a capture's success.
- Develop and manage product templates and processes, ensuring team members are trained accordingly. Grow and mature PTW team members in best practices and forward leaning PTW methodologies.
- Ensure PTW compliance with SAIC organizational and corporate procurement policies and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree and eighteen (18) years' related experience including five (5) years' work experience in Government contracting with specific emphasis on Pricing, Price-To-Win, database analysis, financial analysis, and/or related research experience required.
- Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (DCAA, FAR, rate burden pool development, BOE development).
- Industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies within the Defense and Civilian market areas.
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders. Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
- Experience with the preparation of multi-million dollar cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
- Practical experience and a foundational understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior. Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming.
- Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc).
- Enhanced Data Visualization skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and presentation skills.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Position offers ability to work remotely until a time has been confirmed to return to the workplace
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.