SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and talented Technical Electronic Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (TechELINT SME) to support Battlespace Modeling and Simulation.
Location: A Majority of the work will be at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Occasional support in California, MD. On Site support is required. This position is not eligible for Telework or Remote Support
Position Roles/Typical NGTS Day:
- Supports as SME team member for the Modeling and Simulation Enterprise Applications’ (MSEA) Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) Data Team effort.
- Perform TechELINT analysis on complex waveforms associated with a wide range of red and blue force systems.
- Work with software programmers to develop and refine simulation presentation of real-world ELINT parametric data.
- Perform signal translation of waveform data into a descriptive and behavioral modeling & Simulation language for Development and Test.
- Conducts specific technical duties on NGTS, performing threat system analysis and sensor modeling of radars, electronic warfare (EW) systems, countermeasures, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems, and various weapons.
- Conducts specific sensor research, analysis, correlation, and assessment in order to reproduce the sensor as a software model through a suite of NGTS data editing tools.
- Participate in software test activities to include test procedure creation and test plan development.
- Understand and discuss simulation requirements with the customers, document and track these requirements, and provide technical input to modelers with regards to fidelity, accuracy, and intended use as well as to act as liaison with aircrew and program leads.
Education & Experience Required:
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 8+ years’ of relevant work experience
- Candidate must have prior SME-level experience with at least one of the sensors/systems listed below, from either an aircrew, ground operator, or flight test environment
- Working knowledge of TechELINT analysis could have been gained from technical training (for example, 9141 (Navy Intermediate Technical ELINT Analyst), 1N2A (Air Force Intermediate Technical ELINT Analyst), 451 (Intermediate Signals Analysis) or 452 (Advanced Signals Analysis), OR participated in or graduated from a relevant training program such as the Military COMINT Signals Analysis Program (MCSAP)
- Recent and relevant knowledge of tactics, training, and procedures for deployment of the sensors/systems listed above in a current combat environment
- Prior experience as an Electronic Warfare Operator, Flag Plot Analyst, or a Threat Training SME will also be considered.
- Must have an active DOD Secret clearance
Desired (not required):
- Basic knowledge of XML files is preferable
- NGTS experience is preferred but not required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.