SAIC is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist Senior to support the NASA NICS Program at Edwards AFB in California.
- Define, design and implement computer security system policies, procedures and guidelines per NIST standards
- Ability to explain and provide guidance of IT Security guidelines to information system (ISA) administrators and information system security officer (ISSO)
- Assist in identifying, isolating and developing resolution strategies for anomalous system and network behavior
- Responsible for coordinating and executing lead responsibility for the incident response process in support of the Center IRM and CISO
- Coordinate and provide reports on security audits and assessments including network infrastructure and network connected equipment
- Conduct security scans and report vulnerabilities at least monthly
- Design and test new modified systems and document system requirements, designs, customer briefings and user documentation
- Conduct audits and provide reports for deploying software to detect presence of unsecured, misconfigured or unauthorized network access points
- Test security tools, patches, solutions and configurations for distribution upgrades that remedy known computer vulnerabilities
- Perform penetration testing and reports as requested by NASA in accordance with Agency Policies, handbooks and local procedures
- Maintain intrusion detection system rulesets
- Review IDS logs
- Monitor network trends
- Correlate data from multiple sources to identify potential intrusions or access system or network risks
- Support and perform IT Security investigations and forensic analysis
- Monitor and analyze system and network monitoring tool logs
- Evaluate new approaches and technology that could improve security levels
- Document hardware and software configurations
- Define, author and maintain IT Security system security plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (6) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Working knowledge of IT Security policies and LAN policies, directives and ISC2’s 8 domains of information security and 20 Critical Controls. Working knowledge of UNIX, Windows, MacOS and mobile devices. Working knowledge of, NIST and FISMA directives for analysis and application to system security plans.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.