SAIC has an immediate need for a Cyber Professional to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Stennis Space Center. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
Support all elements of the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) Enterprise Security Office. Collaborate with operations and engineering in the continuous NIST 800.53 security monitoring of deployed systems. Research security metrics and reports to provide remediation recommendations. Provide security services, to include incident response and security plan administration, in accordance with program and Agency requirements. Troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical challenges assigned to. Desire Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related fields (or equivalent related experience with NASA IT systems/services), NIST Risk Management Framework experience, Network/Server system administration, ITIL Certification, Security+ or Network+ Certification, Nessus, Incident Response experience. Currently posses or able to obtain Secret clearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in security incident handling and response; and participate in the mitigation and remediation of security vulnerabilities affecting host workstations and servers.
- Monitor security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies, investigate and/or escalate security violations, and document and report events.
- Perform vulnerability scanning of networked devices and assist system owners in vulnerability mitigation.
- Assist System Administrators (SA) and System Owners (SO) in the development of System Security Plans (SSP) based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Publications.
- Conduct Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) activities to allow systems to obtain and maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO). Activities include risk assessments, contingency plan testing, security control reviews, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) tracking, and developing associated reports.
- Provide recommendations for proper controls and countermeasures based on the discovered vulnerabilities that are in compliance with Federal policies / mandates, standards, and guidelines, and best business practices for information assurance.
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the processes and work instructions related to information technology security related functions.
- Develop and present training materials to enhance the overall security awareness of site personnel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a Secret Securtiy Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in information systems security, computer science, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in information systems security and/or network operations/support
- Must possess a solid understanding of IT Security including network and host security products such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPNs, anti-virus and anti-spyware systems and security tools such as vulnerability scanners, wireless network scanners, and packet sniffers
- Experience with Nessus, BigFix, FireEye HX, and/or Splunk a plus
- Possess a solid understanding of FISMA, NIST and other guidance applicable to Federal information systems
- Experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against FISMA and NIST guidelines
- Working knowledge of typical LAN/WAN technologies and protocols
- System administration and troubleshooting skills in Windows and Linux
- Possess active security clearance or have the ability to acquire same at the ‘secret’ level
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with computer programming
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, strong customer service qualities, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be task and detail oriented and be able to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.