SAIC has an immediate need for an Entry Level Voice Over IP & Field Technician to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The NICS team has a vital role providing the physical security technology infrastructure that protects NASA’s people, property, and assets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall system administration for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and related systems, setup and configure Analog and VoIP phones
- Manage assigned trouble tickets and provide timely resolution to problems in accordance with service level agreements. Resolve break/fixes and provide move/add/change/deactivation requests for all telecommunications systems. Remedy application experience a plus.
- Provide field service support for large campus environment (5000~ end users) which includes lifting equipment (Must be able to lift 30lbs)
- Provide Tier II support; resolve incidents and work change tickets
- Secure and inventory telecom equipment, including telephones, and other telephony equipment
- Provide after-hours on-call incident response resolution and project work
- Comply with NASA Agency IT security policies
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Related 1-3 years field and technical experience
- 1-2 years of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Unity Connection experience or equivalent vocational or accredited education focusing on networking and VoIP
- Dial plan management (route lists, route groups, route patterns)
- Single Cluster and Multi-cluster deployments
- Voice and Analog Gateways, PBX interfacing
- SIP trunking
- Disaster Recovery System
- Jabber clients for Windows, Mac, and mobile devices
- Understanding of call center operations
- Familiarity with Telecommunications test tools (Tone Generator, Punch Down tool, Snips etc)
- Good Basic understanding of network infrastructure hardware
- Must be able to route circuits, trunks and channels to satisfy customer requirements
- Telephony related trouble shooting skills
- Must be flexible in a fluid environment and able to handle last minute requirements and priority changes.
- Team player with strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers and IT infrastructure team members
- Ability to develop briefings and present them to all levels of contract management and the customer
- Basic proficiency with MS Office products
- Valid motor vehicle driver’s license
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.