SAIC has an opening for a Principal Cloud Architect to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Eager willingness to learn new technologies and continues to excel in any position held.
- Provide Service Line Technical Leadership, focusing on development of processes and software necessary to maintain services throughout the service lifecycle
- Identify and understand constraints and requirements for existing projects ensuring that they meet customer standards, processes, and policies
- Proven experience automating processes utilizing various tools and cloud services
- Assist with implementing and configuring monitoring solutions
- Assist with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Document key infrastructure items to support sustainment transition of projects
- Transition and provide support to technical teams as Cloud migration projects progress
- Proven experience implementing solutions in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, and instrumentation
- Promotes continual improvement of service line systems
- Leverage existing tools and automate processes throughout the system lifecycle
- Proven experience implementing a wide array of cloud services within Microsoft Azure Government and/or Amazon Web Services GovCloud
- Implementing Cloud services such as provisioning VMs, application gateways, synapse analytics, Azure data factory, Azure SQL databases, etc.
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Git, Terraform, Azure ARM templates, cloud formation, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Extensive experience with implementing architectural patterns and systems designs
- Wide breadth of experience working at all layers of the tech stack (database networking applications)
- Scripting experience is preferred (Powershell, Bash)
- Comfortable with both Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Science, or other related discipline
- Additional 6 years systems/solution engineering or related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 8 years’ experience in systems or solution engineering
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.