SAIC has an opening for a Cloud Operations Manager to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for leading a team of cloud engineers, managing the team backlog, and working with customer POCs to prioritize the work stack
- Work closely with Program Management and other team leads to communicate team updates, coordinate work between teams, and brief VA leadership on priorities and risks.
- Very organized and ability to lead a team. Consistent and willing to learn and continues to excel in any position held.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups, periodic retrospectives, backlog refinement, and other recurring or ad-hoc team meetings.
- Completes weekly and monthly status reports as well as other contract deliverables as required.
- Coaches and provides performance counseling for team members in routine one-on-one meetings and for performance evaluation requirements.
- Ability to motivate engineers and to clearly define and communicate a team vision
- Work with other Team Leads, FSC contractors, and VA leaders to define and prioritize work, communicate updates, and facilitate coordination between teams when needed.
- Lead team projects as they come up and identify tasks, collect and communicate estimates to complete, establish and update a risk register, and complete other project management-related tasks.
- Previous experience acting as a true servant leader and team Scrum Master with a successful record of removing obstacles and maintaining team focus
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Science, or other related discipline
- 10 years’ experience working on IT or software related teams
- Additional 4 years related work experience will be considered in lieu of a Computer Science or related discipline degree
- Scrum certification (Certified Scrum Master or equivalent)
- Certification in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred
- Previous government contracting experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA MBI)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.