SAIC has an opening for a Cloud Operations Manager to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for leading a team of cloud engineers, managing the team backlog, and working with customer POCs to prioritize the work stack
- Work closely with Program Management and other team leads to communicate team updates, coordinate work between teams, and brief VA leadership on priorities and risks.
- Very organized and ability to lead a team. Consistent and willing to learn and continues to excel in any position held.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups, periodic retrospectives, backlog refinement, and other recurring or ad-hoc team meetings.
- Completes weekly and monthly status reports as well as other contract deliverables as required.
- Coaches and provides performance counseling for team members in routine one-on-one meetings and for performance evaluation requirements.
- Ability to motivate engineers and to clearly define and communicate a team vision
- Work with other Team Leads, FSC contractors, and VA leaders to define and prioritize work, communicate updates, and facilitate coordination between teams when needed.
- Lead team projects as they come up and identify tasks, collect and communicate estimates to complete, establish and update a risk register, and complete other project management-related tasks.
- Previous experience acting as a true servant leader and team Scrum Master with a successful record of removing obstacles and maintaining team focus
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Science, or other related discipline
- 10 years’ experience working on IT or software related teams
- Additional 4 years related work experience will be considered in lieu of a Computer Science or related discipline degree
- Scrum certification (Certified Scrum Master or equivalent)
- Certification in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred
- Previous government contracting experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA MBI)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.