SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer. This position is located in Pearl City, Hawaii.
The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified Sr. Network Engineer applicants will have a strong background and understanding of DoD DISN, WAN/LAN/WIFI Networking, COMSEC systems, and systems engineering. Assists in analyzing, project planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems and networks consisting of a combination that include servers, computers, LANS, WANs and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone.
This person will serve as part of a talented team of system and networks administrators and engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified network engineers’ applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field in addition to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP)
- Previous work experience as a networking engineer within complex environment.
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-NX, Ironport, Riverbed, Infoblox, Firepower, JUNOS, Aruba, ESX, and Brocade.
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Advanced knowledge of networking components within Windows, Linux, Azure and virtualized environments, to include software-defined networks.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere, ESXi, vSAN and Horizon virtualization technologies, IP networking, DNS, and systems integration.
- Experience in managing complex networks in both disconnected and connected states, utilizing a mix of Cisco, Aruba networking components supporting secure wireless and wired architectures.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and the use of PKI to secure network communications and systems, to include the deployment of Certificate Authority (CA) servers, software and hardware used in classified DOD environments.
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing DISA STIGs and DOD vulnerability management toolsets like Comply to Connect (C2) and ACAS within networks.
- Analyze, interpret & recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies or improvements in security related technologies and access requirements.
Operational functions include: (80%)
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Managing, training, and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
- Conducting regular network performance tests and ensures networking maintenance tasks are completed.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network diagrams and status reports.
- Establishes networking environment by engineering, designing, installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications of the project plan.
- Leads the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Provides technical support, responds to work orders and tickets from the users, analyzes and solves reported network problems.
- Leads in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
- Leads network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities with minimal disruption of other systems.
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Maintain and manage the fiber and copper cable inside plant infrastructure.
- Manage the equipment, equipment racks, power, and HVAC for the data center and communication rooms.
- Provide Tech Control services to collocated networks hosted in the data center Node site coordinator to maintain current and order new network circuits.
- Maintain the life cycle requirements for all network hardware, software, and support.
Strategy & Planning (10%)
- Collaborate with internal staff and external customers to ensure smooth and reliable operation of networks and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with the customer’s executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business network or interoperability issues.
Design & Deployment (10%)
- Design, upgrade and deploy networks, switching, circuits and access controls and enhancements to existing or new network infrastructure as approved by the customer.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed networks or solutions to aid management in making design or deployment decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify and support design recommendations.
- Interact with customer to provide analysis and recommendations on secure network-related products and services.
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.