SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking Space Communications Systems Engineer to to support in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of communications systems development and acquisitions that advance the USAF. The Space Communications Engineer is an individual contributor and member of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing design and development of communications systems and components for space to ground and space to space communication links
- Applying complex space and ground communications specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for communications systems and components
- Assisting the Government in developing concept of operations (CONOPS) and approaches to employment of communications systems
- Ensuring research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on sound engineering practices including management of technical risks
- Providing technical support to Government customer activities and programmatic processes
- Developing documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, briefs Government and industry as required
- Developing communications link budget models to inform Government systems engineering trades
- Supporting Contract Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain SMEs and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the communications systems elements, functionality, interfaces, manufacture, build, test, and operations to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives
- Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, RF Communications, or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 9 years of related experience or at least 7 years of related experience with a Masters degree; 4 yyears professional experience may be substititued in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of how space communications systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MatLab, and communications link budget modeling software
- Masters degree in electrical engineering, RF Communications, or a related technical discipline
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.