SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Engineer. Make an impact on both business and technology operations while delivering ServiceNow features as our global federal customer expands platform usage. This candidate must have experience with ServiceNow, ITOM (IT Operations Management), web-based applications and technologies, possess strong communication skills, and have the desire to learn the general operations of a global organization.
This role is currently 90% telework, but candidate must be located within the DC metro area to report to the office at the customer's request.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Under broad direction provide development and administration of ServiceNow infrastructure
- Assist with the implementation of Discovery and Cloud Provisioning and Governance with the ServiceNow CMDB.
- Assist with creation, maintenance, and debugging Discovery jobs/schedules.
- Assist with building, configuring, patching MID Servers.
- Assist with troubleshooting and customizing Discovery Patterns.
- Diagnose and isolate incidents through testing and work to develop workarounds and/or fixes for system related issues
- Understand business context and how to translate business and functional requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow implementation
- Analyze system processes and develop enhancements to improve user experience and general system usability
- Develop scripts on the ServiceNow platform to automate tasks and integrations
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders, clearly understand their needs and communicate the team’s roadmap
- Advanced problem solving and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Draw upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact
- Develop design documentation for an enterprise deployment
- Deploy test infrastructure in the customer’s test environment
- Perform day to day support, administration and maintenance of ServiceNow Discovery until transitioned
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation
Required Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with ServiceNow Discovery.
- Experience working with Agile Project Teams
- Validated completion of ServiceNow Certifications:
- ServiceNow Fundamentals
- Discovery Fundamentals (preferred)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Must obtain an Interim Secret security clearance to start work.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification in ITOM Administrator Cert
- Certification in ITOM Implementer: Discovery/Service Mapping/Cloud Provisioning and Governance
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows based Operating Systems.
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud environments.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.