The IT Service Management Analyst will be supporting ITSM processes for the Department of State’s Information Resources Management (IRM) bureau. The IT Service Management Analyst will assess the effectiveness of service operations and related processes and strategies for identifying opportunities on improvement and implementation of ITIL – IT Service Management best practices to create more organizational and service delivery efficiency.
This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Associates will report back to the office at the customer's request.
- Evaluate and coordinate service provider tickets crossing beyond set program thresholds or typical best practices in service provide to service provider coordination.
- Provide analysis and coordination on remediation for service provider tickets extending beyond SLA specific timeframes or service provider tickets which have the indication of lag.
- Policy analysis, guidance and measurement of IRM’s usage of statues within incident management. In particular, the usage of service provider “pending” status tickets which have contractual stipulations tied to performance measures affecting program funding goals.
- Collaboration and provide domain (2.2.1) guidance across all IRM Vanguard groups
- Education, guidance and assistance with creation of incident program templates allowing for increased efficiency and predictability across service provider groups.
- Monitor underutilized queues to assist service providers with process improvements efforts to streamline queue control
- Reinforce education and guidance in usage and correct utilization of Remedy
- Mature the Vanguard 2.2.1 service management best practice through the utilization of tasks in relationship to incident tickets
- Collaborate with Queue Managers on improved usage of Operational and Product Categorization of their tickets and setting new ones for improved trend analysis
- OSA (Operational Support and Analysis) meetings to address issues that are impacting SLAs
- Maintenance and production of over 105 service reports for IRM with any number of frequency schedules (daily/weekly/monthly, ad-hoc etc.) on an ongoing basis
- Service reporting coordination with IRM 2.1 Remedy Enterprise Service Support team which provides authoritative reporting for IRM
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and program teams in compiling, analyzing and interpreting reporting data
- Liaison across IRM to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process
- Analyze data for both reporting development as well as trend identification, event impact analysis, process measurement/improvement, and summarization for enterprise level IRM attention
Incident Management Working Group Support
- Present agenda items for improved service efficiency, effectiveness, compliance and consistency across service provider organizations
- Assist in maturity and realignment of current processes in pursuit of improved service owner delivery
- Propose future processes in response to evaluation of customer and service owner requirements
- Enumerate communications processes for IRM across all Vanguard service providers
- Participate or lead working group projects at the direction of the IMWG chair
- Research, recommend, and develop domestic and overseas policies, to include use of new and emerging technology that align with the goals of the bureau
- Examine proposed policies and draft recommended decisions and strategies
- Review and maintain the IRM Incident Management Procedure Guide
- Review and maintain the Incident Management Process document
- Review and maintain procedure guide for the process of requesting creation/modification/deletion of service providers in Remedy
IT Services Online (ITSO)
- Review of 2.2.1 service lines service request tickets to evaluate which services are process candidates to be moved into ITSO platform
- Collaboration with service line managers and service owners, creation of any design, workflow, process documents required when staffing new services or modifications into the ITSO platform including those services that will require FTE approval as part of the service
- Present and address new and/or modifications to services in the Service Level Management working (SLMWG) group; The SLMWG has oversight for the development and documentation of IT Service Management capabilities across IRM
- Review current services as part of continual service improvement
- As part of continual improvement, maintain the Vanguard 2.2.1 Master Catalog for needed updates that will reflect any changes to services (new, modify or delet
- Review of services and usage providing any suggestion modifications for increasing usage of underutilized services
- Collaboration with other Bureaus within DOS on services which impact Vanguard 2.2.1 and align to improve the overall experience for the customer and Vanguard 2.2.1 service providers
Change Management Process Improvement
- Review (when required) Policy, processes, procedures, and work instructions to identify areas of improvements
- Coordinate SharePoint enhancements or any other tool needs
IT CCB Support
- Train change implementers on role of IT CCB overall change management process
- Provide guidance on process of getting Information Assurance and IT CCB approval
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, tools and methodologies to be able to execute tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to Vanguard 2.2.1 organization and to the customer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Project & Visio.
- Experience with common ITSM solution platforms such as ServiceNow and/or Remedy
- Become familiar with basic project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Desired Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in an IT related discipline highly desired
- ITIL® Foundation Certification, highly desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing IT services. Providing IT support to a large U. S. government customer, highly desirable.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.