SAIC is seeking a Business Development Associate to provide logistics and supply chain management services and support as a Business Development Field Support Representative for the Logistics and Supply Chain Business Unit of SAIC. NOTE: This is a remote role with support and travel to San Diego area customer work locations being required. Availability for business travel (up to 50% of the time in the San Diego area) including:
- Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
- Naval Base San Diego
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar
- Naval Base Coronado (Naval Air Station North Island and Naval Amphibious Base)
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego
- Naval Base Point Loma
- US Coast Guard Station San Diego
- Naval Outlying Landing Field Imperial Beach
- Other DOD Installations and Federal Agency locations in the greater San Diego Area
- Demonstration and thorough knowledge of product and services for each government initiative that you may be responsible for under LSCBU programs and contracts will be needed to support assigned customer accounts.
- Effective use of cold call techniques, BD and sales strategies to be able to successfully develop and identify key stake holders both internal and external at both a local and regional account level to maintain revenue growth and expand business.
- Support SAIC procurement support teams in the development and management of supplier, distributor and OEM relationships at the local, regional and national level in each assigned region and account.
- Development and understanding of DOD and DLA procurement systems and workflow processes.
- Identifying Critical Success Factors (CSF’s) to achieve regional plan goals and communicating these CSF’s to LSCM management, BD and operations teams is critical in meeting annual objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; four (4) years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- One (1) year or more of related experience preferred, not required.
- IT technical experience needed to effectively educate and train customers on SAIC proprietary IT systems and software application processes.
- Effective skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all to meet contractual obligations and attain highest level of customer satisfaction at assigned accounts.
- Effective experience with DOD logistics, supply management and procurement systems and workflow processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.