SAIC is searching for a ServiceNow Developer to join our team supporting the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP).
NOTE: This is a remote / virtual / work from home position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US; requires high speed internet connection to work effectively.
This person is responsible for supporting the design, development, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. The successful candidate will collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) following industry standards on a day to day activities and development projects. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Developer will participate in administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. as needed.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Work is performed based on documented Project Implementation Plans.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- High School and nine (9) years of more experience: OR Associates degree and seven (7) years or more experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience;
- Must currently possess an Interim Secret clearance or full Secret clearance to begin working on the contract
- Fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities:
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively to meet required development milestones in a timely manner
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within 90 days of hire
- Experience integrating API services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Able to travel up to 10 percent
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.