SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to lead the technical approach, design, development, integration, and demonstration of leading edge technologies for future ground combat systems in a digital environment.
Note: This role offers limited, temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Provide technical vision to support the development of SAIC’s long term software technical strategy and approach to the military ground vehicle market.
- Serve as a Technical Lead in contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Develop software requirements to translate stakeholder needs into software requirements
- Technical capability in the area of embedded software engineering; knowledge in software architecture modeling and software development
- Perform hands-on development of embedded software in a system integration lab (SIL) environment
- Use high level programming languages like C/C++ in real time operating systems like VX Works
- Use Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller experience
- Apply Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet) standards
- Development of user interface
- Use Data Distribution Services (DDS)
- Familiar with development tools such as VMWARE, Visual Studio, DOORS
- Develop software using an Agile development environment, and using various SecDevOps tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkins, and Docker
- Collaborate with other Agile Team members and engineers both internal and external for software development activities and general integration
- Apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards for software and systems engineering
- Communicate technical approach and status to senior management and customers
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance.
- Experience designing, programming and implementing embedded software systems
- Experience with Linux O/S and Windows O/S commands, solid understanding of C++, and knowledge of real time operating systems like VxWorks and RTLinux
- Experience with Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller
- Knowledgeable in Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet
- Experience with UI/UX approaches and SecDevOps
- Experience with presenting approaches and status to senior management and customers
- The ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively create solutions to address Customer needs
- Contribution to the preparation of presentation materials, white papers, proposals as to support growth initiatives.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.