Job Decription: SAIC is hiring a Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support the Army PEO Aviation project office. In this role you will be working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contractors and teaming partners and must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable, flexible, and also have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written/presentation communication skills.
- In this role you will be supporting, leading, and collaborating with other PEOs, contractors, and customers to derive, define, and capture system architectures.
- Supporting interface coordination/definition, and synchronizing integration/test schedules.
- Leading/supporting multiple Integrated Product Team (IPT) technical working group meetings.
- Collaborating with the external customer, OEMs, and other stakeholders.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, or related discilpine.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- System Interface Definition Experience 9+ years
- System Integration/Test Experience 9+ years
- Prior Army Aviation Systems Experience
- Agile/SCRUM Development Methodology Experience
- Modeling/Simulation Experience
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desired, using tools like MagicDraw, Cameo, Enterprise Architect, etc.
Desired skils and experience:
- Shadow UAS, Gray Eagle UAS, Apache, Black Hawk, Chinook Platforms Experience
- MagicDraw Experience
- DevSecOps Experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) background/experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.