SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician III in El Paso, TX. This position requires the candidate to be responsible for performing activities involving the assembling and integration of military and commercial systems including modification of military platforms. Candidates must have a basic understanding of cabling(electrical, audio visual, Ethernet, Radio Frequency, etc.), experience with 110VAC commercial, 24-28 VDC single to three phase military systems 208V, ability to use a variety of tools, be capable of troubleshooting systems, cabling, and power on a variety of military platforms.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Perform on-site integration, operational checks, loading of COMSEC fills, programming of mission plans for systems such as Harris, Thales, SINCGARS, GD radios, associated antennas systems, Mission Command systems, JBC-P, MFOCs, etc.
- Be able to understand and execute with technical or engineering documentation, written or verbal instructions, installation instructions, one wire, top down, electrical diagrams, cable diagrams, hardware layouts and blue prints (TDPs)
- Administrative duties include but not limited to Maintenance Reports, Limited Technical, Inspections, red line engineering documents, provide input for prototyping and After Action Reports
- Utilize basic hand tools and power tools for fabrication, drillings, cutting and prototyping
- Read from electrical diagrams, build or repair wiring harnesses of different types and a variety of cables (RF, radio, electrical, Ethernet, audio, etc.)
- Modify existing and or install electrical architectures such as breaker boxes, 110v outlets, electrical wiring runs, lightening arrestors, etc.
- Understand American Wire Gauge Standards for labeling, size and color coding
- Understand Amperage and Voltage for AC and DC currents
- Work with external fabrication shops to achieve aesthetically pleasing integrations; mounting brackets and custom metals
- Must have knowledge on industry standards for proper types of hardware and uses
- Knowledgeable on basic troubleshooting methodologies
- Have used RF and Electrical test equipment such as digital multi-meters, Anritsu, PRM-34 radio test set, LAN Cable testers, receptacle tester for AC, etc.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree and 3 years related experience ; or a High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years' of experience in job-related activity such as mission command systems operator, 25U, 25B, 25N or 25C skillsets
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, flow charts and use logical troubleshooting techniques
- Have had experience with Army System Architectures, LDF, Networks and Mission Plans
- Must have good communication skills, interface well with others and can brief military leadership from Private to General Officers
- Requires a valid driver's license and clean driving record in order to pass a driver’s exam for military platforms such HEMTT, HMMWVs, FMTVs
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring standards and best practices.
- Strong soldering, splicing and cable management skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- High attention to detail and quality
- Able to plan and execute daily and weekly scheduled tasks
- Able to keep work area clean and organized;
- Excellent team player with organizational and time management skills;
- Safely operate fork trucks and overhead 4 ton cranes;
- Commitment to company values
- Travel requirements will be 25-50 percent
- Clearance: DOD Secret
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- IT related certifications such as Applied Information Technology, Mobility Certifications A+, Network+ (CompTIA), cabling or networking repair courses
- Safety (OSHA, SDS), ANSI (RIA) standards
- Commercial Driver License, Forklift, Military vehicle drivers licenses
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S):
- Understand the Company’s EH&S Policy and how it relates to this job;
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EH&S procedures
- Immediately notify the supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly or if there are any questions regarding EH&S procedures;
- Attend required EH&S training
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described for this position must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, an employee is typically required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; squat; climb; talk, see and hear. Be able to climb ladders; lift hand tools approx. 1-15 lbs. in weight to complete machine assembly, parts up to 50 lbs. Repetition with activity. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.