SAIC is seeking Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer to support the US Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) and the broader military intelligence community on the Military Intelligence Services Support (MISS) Program.
Note: This role offers limited, temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site at the customer site in Fort Hood, TX.
- Help develop an Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Systems Maintainer training point of instruction (POI) that can be used to train US Army Military Intelligence (MI) soldiers.
- Train intelligence maintenance personnel in unit support activities.
- Enable Military Intelligence operational readiness through technical support to MI Systems throughout all years of an Army unit’s Sustainable Readiness Model (SRM), with an emphasis on year 3 & 4 units.
- Perform periodic maintenance and software updates as directed by system technical manuals or program manager direction. Configure systems for use in training, exercise, or operational environments.
- Provide and perform technical support for intelligence systems, which may include detailed software, firmware and hardware technical troubleshooting. May require assisting unit maintenance technicians with replacement of Line Replacement Units (LRUs), installation of software images, software patches, software backup and recovery, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and similar updates, and software problem report (SPR) submission.
- Work with field units to ensure all system statuses, usage reporting, and work performed is documented according to Army Regulation (AR) 750-1.
- Post updates on the status of intelligence systems in the field to the government lead. This will include manual surveys which compare actual readiness with reported readiness in the Army program of record for property accountability and maintenance. These manual surveys consist of physical property, software installed, IAVA patches, and operational readiness.
- Coordinate and refer issues beyond capability to higher level and other available support resources.
- Provide field units with assistance in preparation of network access and system accreditation packets when requested for intelligence systems.
- Provide Information Assurance support and provide guidance to intelligence maintenance personnel on acquiring accounts and certifications necessary to perform work on Military Intelligence systems.
- Maintain, test, and repair all unit MI systems, including but not limited to Trojan Spirit (V1/2/3), Prophet Spiral 1 and subcomponents, VROD, and STRATOMIST.
- Maintain, test, and repair all other MI related equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and 9 years of related experience OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Active DoD TS/SCI and must be willing and able to obtain a Poly
- Experience maintaining/repairing MI or similar equipment, such as Trojan Spirit, Wolfhound, Prophet, Vigilant Pursuit, TUAV-mounted Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), and Terrestrial Layer System (TLS).
- Experience maintaining/repairing full-motion video processing, exploitation, and dissemination (FMV PED) equipment.
- Experience as a Military Intelligence (MI) Systems Maintainer/Integrator (35T), Intelligence Systems Maintainer (350T), or comparable military occupational specialty.
- Possess strong analytic and communication skills, work well independently without nearby corporate support.
- Be bale to travel up to 25% of the ttime, if required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.