SAIC is looking for a Principal Network Engineer in California to support designing, analyzing, planning, modifying, and maintaining US Navy shore enterprise networks and network components. This position requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Is able to apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Is viewed as an expert in the field and able to participate with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; provide information for hardware and software selection and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Education and Certifications:
- BS and 17+ years experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- The candidate should be certified with minimum of 1 year or Microsoft MCSA or MSCE with Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
- Secret Clearance required.
Has the following experience and expertise in:
- Security Engineering with expertise in enterprise architecture with emphasis in datacenter security compliancy or monitoring systems.
- Shore enterprise networks (i.e. ONE-NET, NMCI, etc.)
- Implementing enterprise end user and server level deployment systems and maintaining critical world-wide communications systems.
- Network Engineering with expertise in enterprise networks including network design and configuration, and ports and protocols.
- SolarWinds or System Center Configuration/Operations Manager (SCCM/SCOM) or equal compliancy management and monitoring solutions;
- VMware, MS Windows & MS SQL-Server platforms.
- Implementation or administration experience with CISCO Network components and standards.
- Implementation and administration experience with SANs, networking, Linux, and in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies.
- Writing engineering documentation and solution brief presentation to government leadership.
- Applying and validating DISA STIG and apply FISMA security requirements.
- Providing guidelines for course of actions best suited for future architecture for network based solutions on Navy-wide plans for consolidation.
- Developing custom scripts to automate network management of data.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.