SAIC has an opportunity for a Network Tools Engineer in Springfield, VA!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support engineering and tier 2/3 O&M for network monitoring (traffic, health, faults), and/or security security related tools systems.
- Provide Tier II/III Support to include in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues
- Support remediation of patch and package installation failures, installing or removing patches, and proactively maintaining and monitoring system compliance
- Perform O&M activities related to the management of enterprise tools to include maintenance actions, engineering changes, upgrades, and remediation of potential security vulnerabilities. [
- Support A&A efforts and the development of systems administration processes for 24/7 Operations personnel.
- Support Configuration and Change Management processes to obtain approval and document system modifications and software/patch deployments.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experienceas a hands-on systems engineer;
- Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment, have good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have good interpersonal skills, be a quick learner, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Hands-on experience with engineering and administrations of systems/tools with subject matter expertise being in network monitoring (traffic, health, faults), and/or security related tools systems.
- Basic knowledge of network and network device characteristics.
- Microsoft Server systems administration
- Hands-on experience supporting requirements gathering, systems development, systems testing, deployment and customer acceptance
- Must be able to support the generation of documented processes and procedures for use by operations personnel.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Hardware/Software Change and Configuration Management Processes
- Must have strong communication skills with both Technical and Non-Technical personnel.
- Basic familiarity with databases querying (basic SQL expertise or learning).
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Hands-on experience engineering/supporting systems on Linux Platforms
- Hands-on experience engineering, configuration and administrating network monitoring tools (e.g. Kratos NeuralStar, Solarwinds, NOM, LiveAction, Niksun, other flow tools), security tools (e.g. Cisco ISE, Microfocus Network Automation, RSA SecureID, other SIEM solutions, etc.), and/or Integration/correlation tools (e.g. Splunk, ServiceNow, etc.).
- Advanced Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+) and training in enterprise systems and/or tools
- Experience supporting Department of State, other Federal, or DoD systems on both unclassified and classified networks
- Experience with data visualization techniques and technologies
- Powershell scripting
- VSphere experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.