SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cyber Training Ops Principle to support the principal Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD); and Office of the Undersecretary for Personnel and Readiness (OUSD P&R).
Note: This role offers a hybrid work schedule that will split time between working onsite at the Customer(Pentagon) and work from home/ remote/ telework/ virtual work at home.
- Provide oversight of collective training for the SecDef
- Support OUSD P&R’s oversight for the development and execution of DoD-wide sustaining military Cyber training readiness policies
- Provide daily input/interaction with the department’s senior leaders on all things “training” and “cyber”
- Respond to all Secretary of Defense, P&R, and Congressional inquiries on cyber training
- Serve as the Principal Staff Assistant for cyber training ranges
- Interface with the test community concerning shared cyber equities
- Develop policy for Advanced Cyber Training curricula
- Co-chair with USCBYBERCOM the Cyber Training Advisory Council
- Provide oversight of the development and sustainment of the Persistent Cyber Training Environment (PCTE)
- Perform research for integrating training guidance and Cyber training activities and support the government advocate for Cyber training systems and capabilities.
- Assist the organizational representative for the DOD’s Principal Staff Assistant, and provide assistance for the oversight of the Executive Agent for Cyber Training Ranges and of the Persistent Cyber Training Environment.
- Assist with leading, managing, and coordinating with other team members and stakeholders across numerous DoD entities, and assist the P&R’s Director, Military Training, on all Cyber training related equities and interests.
- Provide operational insight on DoD-wide Cyber efforts supporting changes to doctrine, organization, training material, leadership and education, personnel, facilities, and policies.
- Provide oversight and develop policies that supports military service access to Cyber training ranges that are the enablers of live training.
- Assist with the management of the diverse portfolio of Cyber related initiatives and programs to include Goal Four of the Joint Operational Training Infrastructure Strategy, other current efforts, and yet to be known future efforts.
- Assist with the development and publication of the Army Executive Agent for Advanced Cyber Training Curriculum Directive through multiple meetings with all stakeholders.
- Assist with the handling of highly sensitive information at the TS/SCI level and will assist with the handling of other Cyber related duties as assigned
- Be able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Brief senior officials on various Cyber training topics
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 18+ years of experience OR Master's degree and 10+ years of experience
- Cyber training/education to include various levels/audiences of any of the following: Title 10; Title 50; Individual Service training; COCOM exercises designed for cyber (for example Cyber Flag) OR COCOM exercises that consume cyber
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- 5+ years of experience working within the Cyber domain with emphasis on developing, sustaining, and presenting cyber training/education content
- Understand the curriculum and training used to train the cyber workforce through their career
- Understand how DOTMLPF could be used to identify and mitigate readiness challenges associated with the Cyber Mission Force (CMF)
- Understand the operational relationships between NSA and USCYBERCOM and how that relationship effects training/readiness
- Understand the independency on the Services and USCYBERCOM and how that relationship effects training/readiness
- Ability to articulate the unique attributes and capabilities needed to field and sustain an affordable and relevant Cyber training capability
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data
- Expertise with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Office
- Team-oriented individual with very strong oral and written communication skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.