Tis the season for a bonus! This position is eligible for SAIC’s National Security Sign On Bonus which pays within 30 days of start
SAIC has a new opportunity across a variety of customer offices for Executive Assistants to provide highly experienced administrative support. This role is expected to offer a combination of proven experience and expertise to independently support a customer office with a broad range of administrative activities; and should be comfortable independently handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Duties may include:
- Support administrative requirements at the mid- to upper management levels of an office.
- Maintain executive calendars in Microsoft Outlook to include scheduling meetings as requested, sending meeting invites to requested attendees, reserving conference rooms, setting up Video Teleconference (VTC) or WebEx connections, deconflicting meetings and prioritizing meetings based on executive priorities.
- Independently anticipate and provide responsive administrative support to facilitate completion of all organizational mission requirements. This will require executing a broad range of administrative responsibilities with some tasks occurring routinely and/or on an “ad hoc” basis per real-time needs of the office.
- Provide the office with a centralized source of administrative expertise and guidance, which ultimately affects the success of the mission.
- Independently apply mature and objective judgment to determine best approach and course of action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations. This will require accurately interpreting and adapting guidelines, policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation.
- Support office discussions regarding the organization’s administrative business rhythms and contribute recommendations as necessary. Specifically advise office leadership and management on the administrative implications of additions, deletions, or changes to the varied functions of the organization.
- Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence and other offices, etc. under general directives with minimum assistance and/or guidance.
- Create workbooks (e.g., read-ahead, staffing, continuity, standard operating procedures) for leadership planning and/or to support execution of leadership responsibilities and office administrative business rhythms.
- Support the office with development of guidance, procedures and/or policies relative to facilitating administrative activities of the organization. These functions may include training/travel budgets, suspense systems, space planning, personnel management, record management, logistics support, asset tracking, etc.
- Assist subordinate administrative assistants on new procedures; request information needed from the subordinate offices for periodic or special conference, reports, inquiries, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. To include, managing calendars in Outlook and responding to emails; building/updating PowerPoint briefs, Excel files and Word documents.
Ability to work within an organization’s chain of command and interact appropriately with individuals at all levels, including those at very senior levels is highly desired.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's digital transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, IT modernization, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support of completing office administrative requirements.
- Capable of independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment having competing priorities.
- Produce professionally written emails, letters, documents, and other material that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
- Articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Proficient at Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Experience with the Defense Travel System (DTS), knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) and Joint Travel Regulation (JTR).
- Prior DOD and/or NGA experience working in a related field.
- Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the services.
- Proficient working knowledge of the following applications:
- NGA Central Electronic Routing and Tasking System (N-CERTS)
- Management and Execution Tracker (MET)
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate NGA Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment.
- Overseeing office spend plans for travel, supplies and awards
- Prior experience with presentation techniques
- Possesses a working knowledge of the NGA internal coordination and approval processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint
- Proficient with NGA correspondence manual
- Working knowledge of NGA’s Record Management requirements
- A working level understanding of NGA corporate processes
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in General Business Administration or related field with minimum 4 year of Administrative experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in General Business Administration or related field with minimum 6 year of Administrative experience; OR
- High School Diploma with minimum 8 year of Administrative experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.