SAIC is seeking a Simulation Planner for Civil Military Programs. The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
- Builds Test Plans, Training Plans, SOPs, scenario/OPFOR plans, floor plans, databases, establishes timelines and milestones for database development and validation, and produces other training materials, presentations, and documents as required/assigned.
- Performs as Model Senior Control, Simulation Control, Simulation Operator, and Simulation Dababase Manager within the Simulation Organization / Tech Control within the Exercise Control Group Operations. As identified, may also perform role as OPFOR Commander and lead OPFOR and SITFOR.
- Assists with set up and provides required database, terrain, maps, and other products for event support
- Fully tests, validates, and documents joint simulation solutions / simulation operations / database during technical tests, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX
- Coordinates and establishes staffing schedules, ECG Training schedules and products, MINIEX schedule and products, and leads/trains other simulation operators during events
- Regularly engages ECG Response Cells, ECG Leadership, and J321/J321D to get status on operations, identify issues, and resolve problems. This includes, but is not limited to, intel messaging, sustainment, IAMD/BMD, cyber, space, ATO processing, OPFOR, COP, and simulation operations.
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each event.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
- Top Secret clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Previous service and experience in the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility in a 2-star or above headquarters.
- Prior service and experience supporting the USINDOPACOM Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.