SAIC is seeking a Simulations Engineer for Civil Military Programs. The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
- Builds set up and execution plans, SOPs, presentations, diagrams, technical documentation, floor plans, and training materials
- Identifies equipment required, hardware specs, software required, and builds software image and/or system installation and configuration per event participant requirements.
- Builds simulation and C4I systems for use during wargames, exercises, and technical events
- Coordinates and installs network components as required, to include switches and cabeling
- Performs systems admin functions and network monitoring for simulation and/or C4I capabilities within the Simulation Organization / Tech Control within the Exercise Control Group Operations
- Sets up and provides required database, terrain, maps, and other products for event execution
- Fully tests and documents technical solutions during set up, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX
- Coordinates and establishes proper connections between simulation systems and C4I systems, collaborates with other SMEs to document and provide all information required for configurations, network, and proper operations across the ECG and TA SMEs
- Regularly engages COP Managers, Simulation Operators, Sim Model Control, Sim Tech Control, J323, J324, COP community, and other sim site engineers to get status on operations, identify issues, and resolve problems. This includes, but is not limited to, intel messaging, ATO processing, COP, and simulation operations.
- Updates SOPs, technical documentation, logs, and performs event archives, backups, etc.
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each event
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree in an engineering or technical field and 14 years’ experience. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 14 years of relevant experience in modeling and simulation.
- Top Secret clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required to work well with all levels of staff and managers. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Previous service and experience in the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility in a 2-star or above headquarters. Prior service and experience supporting the USINDOPACOM Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.