SAIC is hiring a Windows System Administrator to be located in Pensacola, FL. The successful candidate will be the primary technical resource for Windows Systems Administration. This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of Windows infrastructure, as well as participate in the change process and incident response processes.
The Windows System Administrator will be expected to:
- Testing of upgrades and patches to maintain Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- Management tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool ITSM (Remedy).
- Maintain the patch repository
- Work on duties that include designing new windows server and desktop solutions, installing software, troubleshooting, and training techs and users, as needed.
- Program in an administrative language, including PowerShell and VMWare CLI, as needed.
- Write and Deploy Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on windows workstation or server assets
- Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms.
- Help automate configuration of systems to specifications.
- Review/advise on acquisition of hardware, software, needed to support the mission.
- Perform a variety of routine and non-routine tasks associated with Cyber/Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) support in accordance with National and Department of Defense (DoD) standards to include the Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) / Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements.
- Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Required experience and education:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Two (2) years of Windows Systems Administrative experience.
- Hardware knowledge.
- Ability to sit, stand for extended periods and lift 50lbs.
- Help desk experience.
- GPO and AD experience.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Certifications (DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II): Security+
- MCSA: Windows 10 / Server: must be able to obtain 6 months from date of hire
- Top Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Windows Administration/SCCM experience
- Networking / CCNA
- Vulnerability Scanning/Patching (IAVMs)
- McAfee ePO experience a plus
- VMware experience required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.