Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure mission success.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Cyber Engineer/Architect with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of cybersecurity integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) activities. Candidate will provide system security engineering (SSE) and integration expertise in support of the Space Systems Command’s (SSC) MW mission area. Candidate will support requirements development, system verification, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development for all MW systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber-attack.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements.
- Providing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) support, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable cybersecurity and DCO.
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of an enterprise RMF accreditation package from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design and accreditation.
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the MW enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with five plus (5+) Years; Masters Degree and three plus (3+); PhD and zero years plus (0+) of demonstrated system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA or NRO programs with a proven delivery record.
- 4+ years of relevant cybersecurity experience to be evaluated and considered for acceptability in lieu of technical Bachelor’s degree.
- Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoDD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I and/or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I certified.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system accreditations for Space Force, Air Force or Department of Defense systems and networks.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of common cybersecurity engineering, architecture and design and principles.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.