SAIC has an opening for a Release Train Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train and Solution Train
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate the PI planning event
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish for visibility and transparency
- Summarize program PI objectives into Solution PI Objectives (the STE) and publish for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities (see Metrics)
- Facilitate periodic synchronization events, including the ART sync at the Essential Level and the Solution Train sync
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years relevant experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.