Tis the season for a bonus! This position is eligible for SAIC’s National Security Sign On Bonus which pays within 30 days of start
SAIC is seeking an independent, experienced Administrative Assistant to support an exciting new opportunity. The Administrative Assistant independently accomplishes more of the general or routine office administrative tasks. Depending on the customer office, some tasks can be more dynamic (i.e., less routine) and challenging than other tasks.
Duties may include:
- Support administrative requirements at the lower- to mid-management levels of an office.
- Maintain executive calendars in Microsoft Outlook to include scheduling meetings as requested, sending meeting invites to requested attendees, reserving conference rooms, setting up Video Teleconference (VTC) or WebEx connections, deconflicting meetings and prioritizing meetings based on executive priorities.
- Provide the office with a centralized source of administrative expertise and guidance, which ultimately affects the success of the mission.
- Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence and other offices, etc. under general directives with minimum assistance and/or guidance.
- Support the office with development of guidance, procedures and/or policies relative to facilitating administrative activities of the organization. These functions may include training/travel budgets, suspense systems, space planning, personnel management, record management, logistics support, asset tracking, etc.
- Produce professionally written emails, letters, documents, and other material that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
- Articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's digital transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, IT modernization, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant supporting routine administrative requirements.
- Capable of handling moderate workloads effectively coordinating with multiple resources, and multitask in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Create workbooks (e.g., read-ahead, staffing, continuity, standard operating procedures) for leadership planning and/or to support execution of leadership responsibilities and office administrative business rhythms.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. To include, managing calendars in Outlook and responding to emails; building/updating PowerPoint briefs, Excel files and Word documents.
- Ability to work within an organization’s chain of command and interact appropriately with individuals at all levels, including those at very senior levels.
- Prior DOD and/or NGA experience working in a related field.
- Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the military services.
- Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications:
- Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) and Joint Travel Regulation (JTR)
- NGA Central Electronic Routing and Tasking System (N-CERTS)
- Possesses a working knowledge of the NGA internal coordination and approval processes.
- Working knowledge of Access database
- Proficient with NGA correspondence manual
- Working knowledge of NGA’s Records Management requirements
- A working level understanding of NGA corporate processes
- Prior schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in General Business Administration or related field with minimum 2 year of Administrative experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in General Business Administration or related field with minimum 4 year of Administrative experience; OR
- High School Diploma with minimum 6 year of Administrative experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.