SAIC has an immediate need for a mid to senior level Electrical Assembly Technician in Middletown, RI.
The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of electrical & mechanical engineers and other technicians to support the fabrication and testing of a wide array of systems which support the Navy’s defensive weapon and vehicle systems. The candidate must be self-motivated, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some technical training such as an associate’s degree or completion of a certificate program in a technical or engineering discipline is desired.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with panel building, cable harness fabrication, soldering, and wiring
- Layout, assembly, and wiring of control panels, wiring harnesses, and electronics chassis.
- Knowledge in reading electrical schematics and assembly drawings
- QA testing of one’s work as well as other’s to assure adherence to manufacturing standards.
- Ability to create, build, assemble, modify and/or repair prototypes with minimal direction or intervention.
- Route, terminate and dress wire harness neatly.
- Proficient soldering skills (throughhole, and solder-cup connectors).
- Must effectively communicate with team and customers, both verbally and through EMail.
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment such as digital multimeters (DMMs) to measure voltage, impedance, and verify continuity.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Organization and planning for production effort including kitting, part selection, developing Bills of Materials, and working with other technicians to break up work and assist in production effort.
- Assist in updating electrical schematics and assembly drawings when required to document asbuilt configurations or propose changes.
- Some computer skills including basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word in order to document work and read wire lists.
- IPC/WHMAA-620 Acceptance for Cables and Wire Harness Assemblies
- IPCA-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- JSTD-001 Solder Certification
- Must be able to obtain up to the level of Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.