SAIC is seeking a Jr. Software Engineer to support a new and exciting Air Force program out of O'Fallon, IL.
As an agile software engineer, you’ll join a 7-person agile/scrum team (software developers, product owner, and scrummaster) to build, customize and integrate new software apps supporting the US Air Force and its air cargo-air refueling-aeromedical evacuation enterprise. Our software facilitates the delivery of lifesaving cargo during humanitarian crises, saving the lives of critically ill Americans, and moving US forces to defend against global threats. You’ll work in a maturing DevSecOps environment, with both cloud and on-prem infrastructure, including the latest technologies in CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, cybersecurity, frequent deployments, and more. The job will also include updating existing systems and integrating improvements to work on the user interfaces already in operation. You’ll gain valuable technical and domain experience, and enjoy the work and the team culture, where your teammates typically stay and grow professionally for many years. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers with the technological skills who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves; if this is you, we’d love to talk!
- Work with team members to design/sustain innovative software that improves and simplifies planning and executing Air Force global air transportation and aerial refueling missions
- Design, develop, document, test and debug application software, using the newest technologies, with good freedom to create and experiment
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended
- Meet with managers and representatives of Department of Defense teammates to discuss software requirements, features, stories; brainstorm methods of solving existing problems
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree degree and/or certifications/total experience considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Any experience in design and development of data driven, highly scalable web applications with rich user interface in distributed cloud computing environment
- US citizen, with ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance; current clearance preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full stack software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, monitoring and operations
- Any experience in delivering software projects using agile/scrum methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior software engineers in engineering & problem-solving
- Experience in communication/interpersonal skills with end users, leaders, and functional and technical teammates to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience with web technologies and techniques (HTML5, CSS, AJAX)
- Applicable industry technical/leadership certifications: AWS/cloud practitioner certs, Security +, or others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging integrated-companies environment, with periodic “work from home” days when appropriate
- Any experience with both front-end interfaces and back end systems
- Object-oriented design and/or functional programming and familiarity with application and database programming
- Knowledge of DoD/Defense Transportation System or USAF Air Mobility Command operations and enterprise technologies like GDSS, CAMPS, MEIS, GATES, etc.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.