Description: The scope of work encompasses operations and maintenance support for FAA aeronautical information systems and integrated systems and applications; to include, OE AAA, OAS, SDAT, TFR, SAACE, CARF, NASR, FNS, SAA AIMM and NAIMES.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform risk and safety management for early identification, continuous tracking, and systematic reduction of elements that could impact the programs ability to meet its technical, cost, or schedule objectives.
- Engineering Services are to be provided to Aeronautical Services to include FAA NAS Configuration Management (CM) and the Federal Aviation Administration’s guidance on Safety Management Systems (SMS) in support of legacy and developmental systems Engineering support.
- Provide support for and respond to safety assurance activities, including audits and assessments.
- Provide support to ensure all programs remain in compliance with applicable Safety Orders and Policy.
- Provide engineering support to ensure the FAA meets its responsibility to provide engineering support services to meet all Safety Requirements.
- Provide support for and comply with the requirement that govern Safety Policy, Safety Risk Management, Safety Assurance, and Safety Promotion. Provide support for and response to safety risk management assurance activities, including audits and assessments.
- Safety engineering support to include:
- Research and completion of safety documentation, including gathering system information and change description data to sufficiently support the safety risk management case
- Drafting or supporting the creation and drafting of the safety risk management documentation as appropriate to change, system acquisition, or policy change/creation in accordance with applicable FAA, ATO, and AJM-336 Orders and Policy.
- Provide support to Configuration Management work groups to ensure that safety risk management requirements for CM actions are completed as required.
- Provide support in archiving and tracking safety analysis and implementation efforts as required. Ensure that all actions are achieved according to the latest Safety Risk Management Systems Manual.
- Participate in meetings and presentations to support assigned Security Authorization assessments reviews.
- Support the development of position papers and presentations in support of, or as a result of Security meetings, and other documentation pertaining to Security Authorization tasks.
- Support development of Security Authorization Packages to ensure the systems successfully pass the certification and authorization processes as directed by the Government.
- Continue coordination of FNS NOTAM Distribution Service (NDS) Safety Risk Management Panel
- Expertise with MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience required. Masters of Science in engineering and 2+ years’ experience or Associates Degree in Engineering and 10 years’ experience would be considered.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.