Description: The scope of work encompasses operations and maintenance support for FAA aeronautical information systems and integrated systems and applications; to include, OE AAA, OAS, SDAT, TFR, SAACE, CARF, NASR, FNS, SAA AIMM and NAIMES.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform risk and safety management for early identification, continuous tracking, and systematic reduction of elements that could impact the programs ability to meet its technical, cost, or schedule objectives.
- Engineering Services are to be provided to Aeronautical Services to include FAA NAS Configuration Management (CM) and the Federal Aviation Administration’s guidance on Safety Management Systems (SMS) in support of legacy and developmental systems Engineering support.
- Provide support for and respond to safety assurance activities, including audits and assessments.
- Provide support to ensure all programs remain in compliance with applicable Safety Orders and Policy.
- Provide engineering support to ensure the FAA meets its responsibility to provide engineering support services to meet all Safety Requirements.
- Provide support for and comply with the requirement that govern Safety Policy, Safety Risk Management, Safety Assurance, and Safety Promotion. Provide support for and response to safety risk management assurance activities, including audits and assessments.
- Safety engineering support to include:
- Research and completion of safety documentation, including gathering system information and change description data to sufficiently support the safety risk management case
- Drafting or supporting the creation and drafting of the safety risk management documentation as appropriate to change, system acquisition, or policy change/creation in accordance with applicable FAA, ATO, and AJM-336 Orders and Policy.
- Provide support to Configuration Management work groups to ensure that safety risk management requirements for CM actions are completed as required.
- Provide support in archiving and tracking safety analysis and implementation efforts as required. Ensure that all actions are achieved according to the latest Safety Risk Management Systems Manual.
- Participate in meetings and presentations to support assigned Security Authorization assessments reviews.
- Support the development of position papers and presentations in support of, or as a result of Security meetings, and other documentation pertaining to Security Authorization tasks.
- Support development of Security Authorization Packages to ensure the systems successfully pass the certification and authorization processes as directed by the Government.
- Continue coordination of FNS NOTAM Distribution Service (NDS) Safety Risk Management Panel
- Expertise with MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience required. Masters of Science in engineering and 2+ years’ experience or Associates Degree in Engineering and 10 years’ experience would be considered.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.