SAIC is seeking a Joint Training Specialist for Civil Military Programs. The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
- Serves as a Civil Military Programs, Joint Training Specialist in support of the J375 of the USINDOPACOM for biennial, bilateral, combined joint exercises between the U.S. military and nations within the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Provides support to the Combatant Commander's Joint Exercise Program through the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Execution Management System.
- Supports all four phases of the Joint Training System through which USINDOPACOM executes the Joint Exercise Program including: Phase I Requirements: Universal Joint Task List and Mission-Essential Tasks (JMETL) identification. Phase II Plans: Plans assessments of current capability against JMETL, identification of training gaps, development of Joint Training Plans (JTP) and inputs to JTIMS. Phase III Execution: Joint Training event development and execution as part of the five stage Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) and inputs to the JTIMS. Phase IV Assessment: Supports leadership decision making for performance of tasks, lessons learned and observations. Advises and assists FO/GO commanders of joint task force (JTF) headquarters in formulating joint training plans and implementing joint training system tools to meet readiness certification requirements in the theater.
- Prepares inputs to the JTIMS, Execution Management System, JELC, JMETL, JTP, Joint Lessons Learned Information System (JLLIS), and Master Scenario Events Lists (MSEL).
- Prepares FO/GO level analyses, briefing slides, information papers, messages and correspondence.
- Travels to and attends planning conferences and site surveys to support exercises in the USINDOPACOM AOR.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in addition to 15 years of experience relevant to joint exercise planning. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Former Military Officer, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer or Senior DOD Civilian.
- Top Secret clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
Desired Skills (not required):
- Previous service and experience in the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility in a 2-star or above headquarters.
- Prior service and experience supporting the USINDOPACOM Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.