SAIC is working closely with the US Army Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) in Warren, MI and is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to develop leading edge technologies for future combat systems. This candidate will be a member of an integrated industry-government team working to design, develop, demonstrate, and sustain embedded software systems that push the current state of technology and are critical to our national defense.
- Specifically the Embedded Software Engineer, Principal will lead a technical team in the design, development, documentation, testing and debugging application software for embedded systems.
- The successful candidate conducts, analyzes and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software on embedded systems.
- Performs hands-on embedded software system development from lab to field application.
- Determines computing system requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- End product is special use and customized software.
- As team leader, ensures software standards are met.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Ability to develop software requirements to translate stakeholder needs into software requirements
- Technical capability in the area of embedded software engineering; knowledge in software architecture modeling and software development
- Develop software using an Agile development environment, using various SecDevOps tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkins, and Docker
- Collaborate with other Agile Team members and engineers both internal and external for software development activities and general integration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's and 9 years or more of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing embedded software systems
- Experience in hands-on development of embedded software in a system integration lab (SIL) environment
- Experience with Linux O/S and Windows O/S commands,
- Proficient in high level programming languages like C/C++
- Familiar with real time operating systems like RT Linux and VX Works
- Experience with Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller
- Knowledgeable in Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet)
- Experience with UI/UX approaches
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Services (DDS)
- Familiar with development tools such as VMWARE, Visual Studio, DOORS
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards for software and systems engineering
- Must be able to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract and able to obtain and maintain the full Secret Security clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.