Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer with NRO experience to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
This position supports a System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture. While seniority is a plus and a knowledge of systems engineering is required, this position can accommodate a junior engineer that is eager to learn and grown in their knowledge and experience of the art of systems engineering.
The space system engineer will join a team of on-site SETAs working a major system acquisition (MSA) with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Capture system requirements and develop system baselines.
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements Reviews (SRRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches.
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Represent the government client to development contractors and ensure proper messaging between the same.
- Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements.
- Work in a team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology is codified and executed by the developer, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the system engineering processes to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need.
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives.
- Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 9 years or more relevant experience; Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 7 years or more relevant experience.
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
- Proven knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of how space systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested.
- INCOSE ASEP or CSEP, PMI PMP certification.
- Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Systems.
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) construct and Earned Value processes.
- Proven technical and program management background.
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.