SAIC is seeking an IT Sys Engineer Senior (Apple Macintosh Engineer) to support Macintosh devices within the enterprise. This is a flex position that can mostly be worked from home, but will require an occasional visit to our Chantilly or Huntsville office.
The candidate should have relevant engineering, security and operation experience working with and supporting Apple Macintosh devices. This position will require expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies. This is critical to the success of the organization by providing high confidence in understanding our infrastructure. This position includes design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level and other support functions.
- Design and Manage JAMF-Pro instance
- Test and deploy software and configurations to Mac devices
- macOS and 3rd party patch management
- Tier 3 level Mac support
- Work with other IT teams to define security and network requirements
- Work with TSSC to define hardware requirements for different user types
- Work with customer groups and developers to define non-standard configuration requirements
- 5 years or more experience supporting Apple Macintosh devices in an enterprise or SMB setting
- Knowledge of Apple scripting technologies (bash, python, AppleScript)
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities in various operating systems, databases and networks in relation to hardening, configuration, deployment and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills; the ability to multitask; attention to detail.
- Customer service-oriented team player; the ability to provide guidance and support to subordinates and other team members.
- Interpersonal skills; The ability to communicate to peers and management.
- Knowledge of technology and security topics including operating systems, network security, protocols, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- 5 years or more managing Apple devices (both Mac and iOS) in an enterprise or SMB setting
- JAMF or other MDM experience (Airwatch/WorkspaceOne, MobileIron/LANDesk, etc…)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Experience using Apple Business Manager
- Experience working win SAFe, Scrum, or Kanban environments
- Familiarity with NIST Security Engineering methodology, Cyber Maturity Model Certification, (CMMC), and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) requirements.
- Maintain roadmaps, which include product selection, versions, upgrades, projects and milestones.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.