Job ID: 2112841
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2021
Subcategory: Internal Auditor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Internal Controls Senior Analyst to join the Internal Controls department, which reports to SAIC’s Internal Audit Department. This position allows telework options.
The Internal Controls department is responsible for the administration and oversight of SAIC’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) business systems compliance programs. SAIC’s Internal Controls Analyst will report to the Internal Controls Director, but support team members in both the business process and general information technology areas of compliance as needed. The Internal Controls department works closely with the internal and external auditors, and various functions across the company to maintain the company’s frameworks of controls, administer testing programs, and develop remediation plans as needed. The Internal Control Analyst will assist in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Internal Controls department.
The position provides great opportunity to interface with professionals from all functions of SAIC, and learn the business processes and systems for all areas. SOX and DFARS compliance efforts are top priorities of the company, and we are looking for someone to complement the team and help us accomplish these critical requirements.
The Internal Controls Senior Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assistance to the department in the following areas:
· Performing and documenting the annual financial statement and fraud risk assessments, and updating the risk assessments as needed, due to changes in the business or operating environment.
· Identifying risks associated with the relevant financial statement assertions for all in scope accounts, financial statement line items, and disclosures.
· Planning, coordinating, and participating in walkthroughs of processes and controls.
· Carrying out various quarterly duties, such as the 302 certification process, control description updates based on input from control owners, and assessing implications of management’s self-reported observations of SOX controls and Internal Audit’s reported findings.
· Responding to problems by coordinating with management and process owners to make joint decisions on how error correction/corrective actions should occur. Drawing solutions from others and apply to new situations.
· Working with external auditors regarding document requests, and questions or issues, as needed.
· Evaluating audit findings from the DCAA and DCMA, External Audit and Internal Audit.
· Developing, implementing, and monitoring control remediation plans to address internal control deficiencies or new risks.
· Supporting the DFARS business systems compliance program through:
o Evaluation of the DFARS business system requirements compared to existing controls activities to assess for gaps, and
o Assistance with the self-assessment program by reviewing and updating audit programs, performing testing, and/or reviewing testing results.
· Performing and/or directing IT professionals for management’s testing of certain IT general controls.
· Performing readiness assessments and/or testing for newly implemented and/or “in scope” SOX systems or acquired entities systems.
· Working with various Finance functions to support process improvement or other projects as needed.
· Bachelor degree, or higher, in accounting or related field
· 4+ years of relevant experience
· “Big 4” public auditing experience, or public company internal controls experience
· Accounting and/or IT assurance background preferred
· CPA and/or other relevant certifications strongly preferred
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, communicate, and assist management in meeting the requirements of SOX and standards set by PCAOB and DFARS requirements.
· General understanding and familiarity of information technology systems related to financial reporting, including layers (Applications/ Databases/ Operating systems), terminology, and general controls (not required to be highly technical).
· Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply judgment to provide efficient and effective solutions.
· Proactive and a self-starter that is able to prioritize and manage multiple task at once.
· Awareness of deadlines and a commitment to achieve objectives within defined parameters.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels throughout the Company.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.