SAIC is seeking to hire a Customer Help Desk Agent to support Federal Government clients in Augusta, Georgia. The selected candidate will be put through the process to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance prior to starting employment. The selected candidate will also have the opportunity to obtain an IT certification after hire date based on the candidates performance (at no cost to the hired individual).
About this position:
- This role offers temporary work from home/virtual work due to COVID-19 however, eventually will be required to work on site in Augusta, GA.
- This position requires the person to be flexible to work rotating 8 hour shifts with 1st / 2nd / and 3rd shift options; shift option times vary.
- Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs.
- Responsible for providing the first-line of customer support for customers and/or employees.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Escalate complex problems to higher tiers as required.
- Document all customer interactions within a ticketing system.
- Route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintain and update records, and tracking databases.
- Alert management on recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide customer support through various contact methods such as phone, chat, email.
- Respond to customer support requests in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests.
- Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers if required.
- Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests.
- Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request.
- Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and two (2) years of related experience preferrably in customer service, and/or the IT field; or Associates Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field with zero (0) years of experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim Public Trust clearance.
- Able to pass an CompTIA A+ CE, Security+ CE, Network+ CE certification exam post hire date.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide first-rate customer service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced Service Level Agreement driven environment.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.