SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineer in Pensacola, FL.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Pensacola, FL once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
The Candidate selected will be a member of the Software Integration and Test Team and would have the following primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide software engineering services for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of complete web-based application systems supporting the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) and Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC) programs.
- Design, develop and maintain standard reports using modern reporting tools like Crystal Reports Developer (v11 R2 or later), and non-standard reports or data retrieval using various tools based in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Perform unit-level testing of application products to validate readiness of the product to enter into formal testing phase.
- Adhere to established software Configuration Management standards by utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) source code repository for code check-in/out.
- Provide input to assist in formulating test scripts and plans for formal testing of software products. Provide information, guidance, procedures and/or other applicable documentation to assist independent testers in the QA testing process.
- Respond to Test Defect (TD) reports by analyzing the use-case situation reported, then taking appropriate action to resolve the defect.
- Ensure products comply with Cyber Security directives and guidance from Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Navy (DoN) authorities, and are specifically in-compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) instructions for the application (APP STIG).
- Design, develop and maintain back-end database objects and stored procedures using Structured Query Language (SQL), Data Dictionary Language (DDL) for Oracle 12c (or later) database management system, that are required by the NETFOCUS component applications.
- Coordinate with Database Administration (DBA) group on issues that require higher user-privilege to address or implement, such as table space maintenance, schema creation, restarting of application pool, and/or for assistance in trouble-shooting issues of a systemic nature.
Required Education & Experience:
- BS and 4+ years of experience. Additional (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570 CSWF IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ ce, or SSCP)
- Software development
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with STIGS
- HTML5 / CSS / Bootstrap
- Web API
Required Security Clearance:
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.