SAIC is seeking a RF Engineer a position located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia that will provide installation and integration support for C4I System racks and components for the Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF). The successful candidate will work within the Technical Support Center responsible for system operations and maintenance. Candidate will maintain shore-based, ship-based, and portable communications equipment, including all associated cabling, computer, multiplexing, switching, and recording systems. Additional Responsibilities:
- Analyze equipment operation and align, troubleshoot, and repair equipment to the lowest replaceable unit. In addition, they execute casualty control procedures, restoring operability for all assigned electronic equipment, and recognizing mission criticality and redundancies within systems.
- Perform administrative functions that include updating casualty reporting messages, technical manuals, equipment maintenance records, and managing test equipment calibration requirements.
- Other duties include completing fiber optic and basic soldering repair, electrical safety checks, test equipment calibration, and supervising personnel who conduct tool and test equipment inventories, logistics support, and maintenance and testing of systems and equipment.
- Perform RF cabling, terminations and operational testing during installations of systems into RSNF vessels, command centers and training facilities.
- Engineering documentation changes, maintaining updates to hardware configuration control items (HCCI), system drawings, bill of materials, cable run sheets, and serial number list.
- Review RF quality issues, report on findings, and then update documentation to reflect the approved corrective action.
- Candidate responsibilities include providing solutions for areas that might be in need of improvement. Work with engineering for system design, software installation and equipment operational testing.
- When in between segments of the project, work on construction of test cables and preparation for the next segment of the project.
- Maintain, repair, and perform functional communication circuit checks of Radio (UHF, VHF, HF, VSAT, UHF SATCOM, LINK-11/16), installed on ashore and afloat platforms of the RSNF.
- Use specialized test equipment and software controlled diagnostics to isolate malfunctions. Repair systems according to technical orders, manufacturer's handbooks and local procedures.
- Accomplish equipment modifications and installation according to engineering change plans.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; or six (6) years of experience with a GED/HS degree.
US citizen with ability to obtain a full SECRET level security clearance required; interim secret is acceptable to begin work on this contract.
System hardware equipment installation, maintenance and repairs.
Radio (UHF, VHF, HF, VSAT, KVH SATCOM, NTDS/TADIL Data Links), Networking (Cisco IOS), UPS (APC, Clary), GPS, CENTRIXS, GCCS-M/J, ADSI, SY-117G, and RF7800 series radios.
Repairs and troubleshooting down to component level to include ESD handling.
Soldering using a 3M workstation or portable soldering iron.
Familiarity with test and configuration of KG-250 and similar RF communication protection devices
Fiber optic cable termination and testing.
Familiarity with installation and configuration capabilities of the following software:
Microsoft Windows (Windows 7/10), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio), AutoCAD, ADSI, CENTRIXS, GCCS-M/J.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.