SAIC is looking for a motivated and experienced Navy Desktop Refresh Team leader to lead a team of six (6) PC Desktop Refresh Technicians support a US Navy client. This position is initially remote from home with at least 75% travel CONUS and OCONUS to various Navy bases in CY 2022 and contingent on contract award will start in November 2021.
- Lead PC Refresh Team in OCONUS travel at various Navy Bases (Far East, Middle East and Europe) to implement replacement PCs, deploy mission critical software, messaging and command data to new hardware equipment.
- Acts as company representative with overarching responsibility for implementation of software/hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
- Coordinate Team travel schedules and liaise with corporate support and government offices to effect international travel.
- Understand and ensure team obligation to safeguard vital relationship our Nation has with Foreign Countries to include personal conduct while performing under the contract and on one's personal time.
- Oversee staging, imaging, and deployment of new desktop/laptop machines and migration of user data.
- Oversee use of SCCM 2012 and Orchestrator RunBooks to image and push applications packages to new workstations.
- Supervise troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Supervise asset management for site-specific properties, including custody transfer, daily status report and tracking of assets using Microsoft Access database.
- Prepare and conduct special reports and presentations pertinent to products and services, field operations or other applications required by the contract.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities.
- Provide field support to include but not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Travel 75+% to OCONUS and CONUS locations starting January 2022.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in relevant major and five (5) years or more of specialized experience, or eight years of relevant experience.
- Experience leading technical teams of 2-10 people.
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, Windows OS and network connectivity.
- Valid US passport with expiration greater than 6 months from 31 October 2022
- Must be able to carry 15 pounds
- Preferred Experience:
- LAN network experience
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Access
- Powershell scripting.
- Active security clearance is required.
- Required certification: Equivalent of DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security+, and Microsoft Windows 10 or Server 2016 certifications).
- The ideal candidate has supervisor experience with PC refresh projects. Or is/will be a recently transitioned military veteran who served at the E8/E9 level as a US Navy IT Specialist, USMC Communications Chief, US Army 25B IT Specialist, or US Air Force 3C1XX.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.