SAIC is seeking a Sr. Principal Specialty Engineer with an active TS/SCI to support our customer onsite in Hampton, VA. The Sr. Principal Specialty Engineer will partner with the CAF SAPMO and Chief, Advanced Programs Division at Air Combat Command.
Additional responsibilities may include
- Coordinating activities, including detailed planning for meetings and events related to Special Access programs- Serve as the advanced technical focal point for supporting program management, requirements definition, technical, and analytical support to ACC/A5/8Z
- Supporting Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground (A-A/A-G) weapons, electronic warfare, and electronic countermeasure systems develop for current and future aircraft
- Providing operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document JCIDS and other MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements
- Regularly interfacing with OSD, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, AF TENCAP, FFRDCs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC/A5/8Z
- Advising and assisting leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations development, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning
- Recommending policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
- Drafting, reviewing and implementing procedures, policy, systems capability definition and requirement documents, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
- Providing security/INDOC briefing to personnel
- Planning, coordinating, and attending ACC/A5/8Z functions and conferences – approximately ten (10) per year
- Representing ACC/A5/8Z personnel at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
**Position requires up to 25% travel to CONUS/OCONUS areas
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years of experience in military aerospace technology with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience in one or all of the following disciplines: A-A/A-G weapons, electronic warfare, or electronic countermeasure systems
- Three (3) years MAJCOM staff, or equivalent experience. (Above Wing level or sister service equivalent)
- Previous rated pilot or Weapons System Officer or 10 years of working operational requirement programs
- Four (4) years of SAP experience required
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- DOD Active TS/SCI Required with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.